Tuesday, April 20, 2010

R.I.P Guru from Gangstarr

On Monday April 19, 2008 Guru, born Keith Elam from rap group Gangstarr lost his battle with cancer. Bofore he passes he weote a letter to his fans that reads...

"I, Guru, am writing this letter to my fans, friends and loved ones around the world," the letter began. "I have had a long battle with cancer and have succumbed to the disease. I have suffered with this illness for over a year. I have exhausted all medical options."

"Solar and his family is my family and I love them dearly and I expect my family, friends, and fans to respect that, regardless to anybody's feelings on the matter. It is my wish that counts. This being said I am survived by the love of my life, my sun KC, who I trust will be looked after by Solar and his family as their own. Any awards or tributes should be accepted, organised, approved by Solar on behalf of myself and my son until he is of age to accept on his own."

"I do not wish my ex-DJ to have anything to do with my name likeness, events tributes etc. I had nothing to do with him in life for over seven years and want nothing to do with him in death. Solar has my life story and is well informed on my family situation, as well as the real reason for separating from my ex-DJ."





0 comments: